Sunday, November 27, 2011

Little part of Heaven Sandwich

We are having a Sodahl "French Onion Soup bake off" today....so I wanted something easy, new, and tasty to go with the French Onion Soup - Houlihan's style - so here is this heavenly sandwich!!  It was really good - and different enough that I had to post it!  It has so many great veggies - it made me feel healthy :)

6 Sisters blog

Ingredients:
Whole Wheat Ciabatta bread (rolls)
Swiss Cheese (or any kind of cheese you want)
Ham or Turkey
an Egg (egg whites)
Avocado
Tomato
Spinach (I used basil since I had that leftover from yesterday....awesome!)
red onion
little bit of mayo (miracle whip is what I use)
honey Mustard

First preheat oven to broil. Then take a small pan frying pan on the stove and heat it to high. Once the pan is hot take your raw egg and get the yolk out. Then cook egg in the pan so it is small enough to fit on sandwich. While it is cooking,  put cheese on bread and broil it on a cookie sheet for 2 minutes. Any longer and the edges burn.

Then just start putting the sandwich together!

No comments: