Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fancy, Fun Serving Utensils

We've had a LOT of weddings this year - so I am getting creative on gifts!!  This wasn't too difficult - and it made up a cutie shower or wedding gift too!!  I decorated up these spoons - and then put them in a little gift basket.

I put the cake server with a recipe for "Better than Sex Cake" - and then put the ingredients, servers, spatulas in a mixing bowl - and wrapped it all up!!  OR I put the serving spoons in a fancy serving bowl - with all the ingredients for a pasta / wine night.





And lastly, I put these little guys with an appetizer / relish tray with a bunch of different apps to try out!

Supplies:
Spoons / serving utensils
Any color beads
Wire (the thinner you get - the easier to make)

Then just start at one end and wrap that bad boy tight and make a knot.  Then string the beads on and wrap the wire as you want around the serving utensil.  End it the same way - in a knot.  The only thing is they are not dishwasher safe.....but I put my guarantee on there that I could fix them for those that don't like to hand wash :)

Figured I would put some more ideas on here.....just made these for some upcoming wedding gifts!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

yeah! i got those top right blue ones for my wedding! i love blue! and i love my serving utensils. i always get comments on them. my mom even asked for some for christmas that year! i should have hired you to make them :)