Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Philly Cheeseburger Pizza

My rents got me a "Cookin Diva" apron that goes along with my matching Paula Deen cooking magazine for my birthday - so this week you will see LOTs of recipes from there!!  I only had 20 minutes at home - so I needed something quick, and this was it.  Not only was this super fast to prep - make - and throw in the oven, BUT it tasted like heaven!!  I felt like I walked into Old Chicago or something - soooo good!!

Makes 4 servings - Paula Deen Magazine

Ingredients:
16 oz package refrigerated pizza crust dough (I actually bought prebaked to be super speedy)
1lb extra-lean ground beef
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
8 slices provolone cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning

Let pizza dough rest according to package directions.  Preheat oven to 450 - press dough into 16-inch pizza pan - bake for 5 minutes.

In a large skillet, combine beef, bell peppers, and onion; cook over medium heat for 8 minutes or until beef is browned and crumbly and veggies are tender.  Drain well.

Spread mustard over pizza crust.  Top with provolone cheese, beef mixture, and mozzarella cheese.  Sprinkle with steak seasoning.  Bake for 8 minutes or until crust if browned and cheese melts.  Cut into wedges and serve.

No comments: