Monday, May 16, 2011

Honey Red Wine Vinaigrette

Just another excuse to use my dressing holder :)  I made this to go with the Summer Salad with Strawberries and Feta I made tonight. 

I've also made this dressing to go with this salad: Hawaiian Turkey Burgers & Candied Walnut Salad .

I'll try to come up with other suggestions for the vinaigrette as the year goes on!!
Ingredients:
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1/2 c. honey
1-2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped (really, that’s pretty optional; it all goes in the blender)
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
1/2 c. canola oil

In a blender - combine the vinegar, honey, garlic, salt and pepper and mix on high.  Then while blender is running - add oil in a steady stream.  Store in nifty container (I got this at Crate and Barrel and I LOVE it...it even has a little stir stick in it so you just have to squeeze the handle and it does it for you!!)  in refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.  Shake well before serving.

No comments: