Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pineapple Bacon Burger

YAY!!!  It's grilling season and it's the perfect night out!!  I just LOVE it out here :)  So glad I saved this meal for when Mr. Rossy could be home....we LOVED IT :)  Putting pineapple, bacon, and BBQ sauce makes my tummy happy!!!  We made this up with some  Italian Fries - but I think it would be good with a salad or some fruit too!!  (maybe a little healthier!)

Serves 4 - OBB

Ingredients:
1lb ground beef
salt and pepper
high quality BBQ sauce
4 slices pineapple
4 hamburger buns
8 slices bacon, crumbled
1 Hubby Grill Master

Preheat the grill to medium-high or about 400 degrees.  Season ground beef with salt and pepper (and we did Lawry's).  Gently combine with our hands, being careful not to overwork the meat.

Divide the meat into four portions and shape each portion into a patty.  Grill patties for 5-7 minutes per side or until desired doneness is reached.  While burgers are cooking, brush each side with BBQ sauce once.

During the final minutes of cooking, lay pineapple slices and buns flat-side down onto the grill and heat them until they are heated through.  The buns should be lightly toasted.

Remove burgers, pineapple slices, and buns from the grill.  Place burgers on buns and then top each burger with a slice of pineapple and 2 slices of criss-crossed bacon.  Drizzle with BBQ sauce and serve immediately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You AMAZE me! Hi ROSS. Haven't see you in awhile!

I don't cook said...

Can I come live at your house? You make me feel like a bad wife!