Sunday, May 15, 2011

Baked Chicken with Honey and Mustard Glaze

So I requested the cookbook Mad Hungry - Feeding Men and Boys from the library like 6 months ago, and it's finally my turn!!  So expect to see some recipes from that the next 3 weeks....haha.  How awesome idea is it to borrow cookbooks from the library...then if you don't get through them all - just photo copy and return!  ahhh awesome.  SO anyways - I'm totally not a fan of eating chicken off the bone, but I have to say - if the prep work is this easy, then I guess I can take the time during the meal to pull off all the fat!  This was all right - very "manly" - but not the best chicken ever....
Serves 4 - Mad Hungry

Ingredients:
8 chicken thighs
1/2 cup olive oil
1 lemon (juiced)  **Anna taught me a good way to juice a lemon - take the lemon and roll it under your hand back and forth....it sort of helps break it up so when you cut and squeeze - it juices really easy and you don't have to be so manly strong :)
salt and pepper
fresh herbs (I used thyme)

For the glaze:
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard (I used Dijon)
2 tablespoons honey
a little olive oil
salt and pepper

Marinate the chicken in olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, herbs, for at least 1 hour and up to a day in advance.  Preheat oven to 375.  Rub a baking pan with olive oil and place thighs skin side down.

Bake for 25 minutes and turn skin side up.  Bake for 10 more minutes.  To make the glaze, add mustard, honey, and oil in a bowl in that order.  Whisk - add salt and pepper - whisk some more.  Apply glaze to chicken and broil for 5 minutes.

Take out and let rest for a second and make sure you save all those yummy juices that collected in the pan.

No comments: