Friday, October 2, 2015

Gma Green Apple Crisp

My first family recipe I didn't have my Mom to call for :(  Thank you Auntie Barb for passing it down a generation!!  Let's just say making this was very hard...everything about it reminded me of my Mom.  From picking apples at the orchard, to peeling/slicing, to the yummy taste.  N-Ron loved herself some apple crisp...man, I miss her.
Recipe by: Grandma Green

Ingredients:
Apples
3/4c brown sugar
3/4c flour
1/2c butter (do not melt)
cinnamon

Peel/core apples and slice enough apples thinly for the pan size you want 8x8 or 9x13  (I used about 6 apples for 8x8 and it was pretty thick bottom)
I slice them thin then put them on the bottom, kind of layered so they cover the bottom. Then I do another level or 2 because I like it a little deeper. Just not too deep that the apples don't get soft.

Mix brown sugar and flour - then cut the butter into dry ingredients and add a few shakes of cinnamon (I put quite a bit in but do to your own taste).  Sprinkle this over apples and pat down.

Bake 350 for 45 minutes - It will brown on top.

Cool and serve with ice cream on top. Enjoy!!

No comments: