Monday, April 4, 2011

Kookie Salad - from my Aunt Patty

So this salad always reminds me of family functions - because one of my aunts always brought this!!  I've had the recipe forever, but never actually took the time to make it!! (Super easy to make)  It's really good - a little thick so nice for a quick side.  I like to think the fruit offsets the cool whip, cookies, and pudding :)

Ingredients:
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding (3 oz)
1 cup buttermilk (**Tip - 1 tablespoon white vinegar into measuring cup.  Fill with milk to 1 cup line - stir and let sit for 5 minutes)
8oz Cool Whip
1 can fruit cocktail (drained)
3 bananas, sliced
1 pkg of Keebler Fudge Strip Cookies

Blend pudding and buttermilk together.  Now mix the remaining ingredients and chill.  Before serving, crumble and mix cookies.  Then sprinkle on top of salad and serve.

No comments: