Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chicken and Peach Salad

I'm in to looking for meals that I can take for lunch during the week - so figured I would try out a salad tonight.  It was pretty good - not my all time favorite, so I don't know that I would make it again....BUT if I did - I would find a different dressing....I think it was too vinegary for this girl.  Also, peaches are out of season so I went with pears...I think peaches would add a lot too....we also added craisins too - that was a good choice.  hmmm the chicken was the best part - plus now we have leftover sandwich meat for this week too!!
Serves 6 -Real Simple Cookbook
Ingredients:
2 heads romaine lettuce, cut crosswise into 1 inch strips
1 (2.5 lb) rotisserie chicken, meat thinly sliced
2 peaches, cut into 1 inch pieces
3 oz blue cheese, sliced into pieces
1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup EVOO

Arrange the lettuce, chicken, peaches, cheese, and almonds on a platter.  In a small bowl - whisk together the vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.  Drizzle over the salad

No comments: