Sunday, April 17, 2011

Peep-Tastic Easter Wreath

So we are hosting Easter this year - and I was looking for some decoration ideas and check this out!!  How cute is this?!  Yes, it's made from CANDY PEEPS!!!  ahhh I'm obsessed with this!!  It cost me about $20 - and took maybe an hour from start to finish!!  I still haven't found a way to "store" this from year to year - but I might hit up Michaels to see if they have some spray or something to keep the peeps from molding....but anyways - super cutie!!

Supplies:
Straw wreath ** I got the 18 inch size - keep the plastic on
Colored peeps **I used 3 packs of each color (10 peeps in each pack) - so 12 packs total
Toothpicks
Ribbon

Basically just stick a toothpick into the wreath - and then put the peep on the toothpick.  You'll figure out the spacing as you go!  Then I just tied up a ribbon and fastened that on with a toothpick as well.  You could also use hot glue gun too...might hold the peeps better - but toothpicks worked great!

No comments: