Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A gift for our "Brave Soldiers at Home"

My cousin Jake is deployed in Iraq right now - and being that it was Christmas and his first time not being there, I made a little something for my aunt/uncle/cousin.  It's a little homemade count down till he gets home!!


Supplies:
Glass Jar
Ribbon
Stickers
Picture
Candy Kisses

I wrote up a little note that said "Kisses from Jake - eat/take out a kiss from Jake each day - and when they are all gone your brave son/brother will be home!!"

I put extra kisses in so that he will for sure be home - but it's a fun way to see how close the day is coming!!

1 comment:

♥ S. said...

Wow! I stumbled upon your blog from a Pinterest idea I wanted to see more about, and then I saw this.

My sister's husband is deployed in Afghanistan right now and they have two small kiddos. They bought a special jar, put a picture of Daddy on it, and filled it with Hershey's Kisses. It's the "Kisses from Daddy" jar, and there are enough in there for both of them to get one each night until he gets home!

I just thought it was so cool that you had the same idea! Yours is very cute! I wish I had a picture to share of hers as well.

Anyway. You have a nice blog and some great ideas! I'll be a follower from now on! Thank you!