Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wild Rice Soup

It's FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'm obsessed with fall, so as soon as it hits Sept 1 - I start celebrating (even if it's 90 degress out right now....)  Soon it will acceptable sweatpants EVERYWHERE!, crisp air, colorful leaves, my BIRTHDAY, Halloween...ahhh I love the fall!!!  So in honor of it being FALL - I brought out the good old crock pot, and made a cozy soup t o celebrate!!

This couldn't be easier - I just cut up the stuff the night before, so all I did when I woke up was throw it all in the crock pot and head to work!  Then you get home - your house smells amazing, and you have a yummy feast!!  Now I just wish I could curl up in sweatpants, and watch football!! Soon....very soon....

Makes 12 servings: General Store Cookbook

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 cup diced carrot
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced celery
6oz box long grain and wild rice mix
3 (14oz) cans of chicken broth
4 cups water
3 chicken bullion cubes
salt and pepper

Combine soup, bullion, chicken, carrot, onion, celery, rice, and seasoning package from rice mixture to crockpot.  Stir in water and broth.  Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or on high for 3 hours.

No comments: