Thursday, March 22, 2012

Coleslaw

Oh the slaw.....I am not a huge fan of coleslaw - think it's kind of a waste of a "salad", BUT we made Deli-Style Corned Beef Sandwich  tonight, and it called for the coleslaw as the topping - and well, I will admit it - it was really good!!  Guess if I don't like something, I just have to make it myself and I fall in love :)
Makes a lot - see pic!  OBB Cookbook

Ingredients:
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Dijon or whole-grain mustard
2  tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2  tablespoons sugar
1/2 heaping teaspoon Kosher salt (or an even 1/2 tsp. of table salt)
1 tablespoons grated onion
2-2 1/2 teaspoon celery seed (absolutely essential for classic coleslaw flavor)
16-oz. bag shredded cabbage with carrots
1/2 minced green bell pepper
1 carrot, peeled and grated

Okay, peeps, this is rocket science. Combine mayo, mustard, vinegar, sugar, salt, onion, and celery seed. In a large bowl, combine shredded cabbage, carrots, and green pepper.

Toss with dressing and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours and up to about 3 days (or when it's unjustifiably soggy).

No comments: