Saturday, July 9, 2011

Deviled Eggs

When the boys are gone - the girls will play.....what what!!!  It's GIRLS night tonight, and we decided to start the night out by grilling at Linda's.  Looked in my fridge - and I only had eggs....so figured I would make up my favorite!!  Alicia and I pretty much fought over these all night :)

Ingredients:
12 large eggs
Ice water
6 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons mustard
1 pinch cayenne pepper
Salt and black pepper
Paprika, for dusting

In a large pot, arrange the eggs in a single layer and add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat, then cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 10 minutes. OR use this nifty tool - I swear I never knew eggs were made any differently....Drain, then cover the eggs with ice water. Let stand until cool to the touch.

Peel the eggs, halve lengthwise and scoop the yolks into a medium bowl, reserving the egg whites. Mash the yolks with the mayonnaise, mustard and cayenne; season with salt and black pepper. Spoon the yolk mixture into the egg white halves and dust with paprika.

No comments: