Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Chicken and Wild Rice

So I felt like a little "N-Ron Home Cookin" tonight - so I made the chicken and wild rice.  This recipe was passed down to me in my very first homemade cookbook from my mom!  It reminds me of family and Christmas - must have had it for Christmas Day or something!  Anyways - super yummy and makes great leftovers too!!  It's the sort of meal you can make as many servings as you like - so if you don't like leftovers, then just lessen the ingredients.
Serves 6
Ingredients:
1 cup wild rice, uncooked
6 boneless chicken breasts
1 (10 1/2 oz )cream of mushroom soup
1 (8 oz) carton of sour cream
6 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup dry sherry
parmesan cheese

Cook the rice for 30-40 minutes, drain. Place rice in bottom of a buttered 8x8 dish.  Over the rice, pour 3 chicken breasts.  Combine soup, sour cream, mushrooms, and sherry.  Pour half of the mixture over the chicken to cover.  Place remaining 3 breasts - then pour the other half of the mixture to cover.  Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.  Bake in a 375 degree oven, covered for 30 minutes.  Then uncover and cook for another 30 minutes.  Welcome to my youth :)

No comments: