Saturday, January 29, 2011

White Pizza with Roasted Mushroom

So we had the nieces at our casa for a sleepover - and figured it would be fun to make our own pizzas!  Check out their lovely designs....

I took this as an opportunity to try another new recipe - even though I had to listen to Ross complain about how our pizza didn't have any meat on it and the little girls did.....Let's just say he added TONS of cheese to make up for the lack of meat!  It was pretty tasty - but I liked the other BBQ flat bread we tried before better, so not sure I would make this again.  Can't say I would be up for another "no meat" battle with Ro :)

Ingredients:
3 Tablespoons olive oil (divided)
1/2 pound store-bought pizza dough (I used pre-made pizza crust)
1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
3 Tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano Cheese (I used just Romano, as I had it on hand)
Freshly ground pepper
5 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed
1/4 teaspoon fresh sage, thinly sliced into ribbons
Pinch of Salt

Preheat the oven to 450. Oil a 17X11 inch rimmed baking pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.

Stretch the dough directly onto the baking pan, pressing and gently stretching to fill as much of the pan as possible. (It will not fill the entire pan.) Brush with 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over the surface of the dough. (I was able to skip this step since I used premade flat bread pizza)

Spread the ricotta cheese over the pizza. Sprinkle the ricotta with the Pecorino and pepper.

Tear the mushroom caps into small pieces and place in a small bowl. Toss with remaining tablespoons of olive oil, the sage, pinch of salt, and pepper. Scatter the mushrooms over the top of the cheese.

Place in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the crust is fully baked, and transfer to a cooling rack.

No comments: