Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lemon Glazed Brussels Sprouts

Then we decided to make some GROSS Brussels sprouts....I HATE these - and of course Ross LOVES them....so I decided to try them being the "big girl" I am.  I found a recipe that at least put a sauce on top of them, so it wasn't like eating raw cabbage or something.  AND I have to admit - they were pretty good.  I prefer corn or green beans, but hey - I'll eat them every once in awhile.

 Serves 4, 1 1/4 cup each

Ingredients:
8 cups halved trimmed fresh Brussels sprouts (I really think FRESH is the key)
1/4 cup Breakstone's Reduced fat sour cream (no idea if this brand matters but I found it)
1/4 cup Miracle Whip Light dressing
1 teaspoon EACH lemon zest and juice
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard

Cook Brussels sprouts in boiling water for 8-10 minutes until crisp-tender.  Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients in large bowl.  Drain sprouts - and add to dressing to coat.

No comments: