Sunday, July 15, 2012

White Sangria

Had P's wedding shower today, and I was in charge of drinks....I've never made sangria before, but I was told this was very tasty!  (I'll be honest - I had to have a sip because fruit / white wine was too good to pass up - so sorry Little One, but even that little sip was delicious!)

I was nervous when I was making it - because I didn't understand how people wouldn't have like chunks of fruit floating in their cups, but it worked pretty good....and actually, I was told that spooning some of the fruit in with your glass actually was better :)
Makes 8 cups
Ingredients:
1/2 cup superfine sugar
1/2 cup cognac
1 mango, peeled, pitted, and thinly sliced
1 peach or nectarine, pitted and thinly sliced
1 red apple, cored and thinly sliced
1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
1 to 2 plums, pitted and thinly sliced
2 bottles (750 mL) dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio, chilled
Ice cubes, for serving


In a large pitcher, stir sugar and cognac until well combined. Stir in fruit slices until fully coated; let stand, refrigerated, overnight.


Add wine to pitcher and stir until well combined. Serve sangria over ice.

No comments: