Thursday, July 5, 2012

Roasted Broccoli and Sundried Tomato Penne

So I FINALLY have (some) of my motivation back....so I am pumped to be cooking again!, and cleaning, and caring about anything :)  Who knew pregnancy was the thing that could make me actual ONLY watch TV without doing anything else....and still feel 100% content!!  ANYWAYS - I'm back and hopefully to stay!  

This was super quick - and it was yummy.  I feel like I've made something similar to this before, but it's hard to keep finding new recipes - so I'm posting it anyways!  Made me feel healthy too - and now I actually have leftovers to bring to work tomorrow (the first time in 3 months!)
Serves about 4 to 6
Ingredients:
4 heads broccoli
6 cloves garlic 
12 ounces to 1 pound whole wheat penne
16 sundried tomatoes packed in oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, plus more to serve
1 can chickpeas (or 1 1/2 to 2 cups cooked) 
3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Fresh ground pepper

Preheat the oven to 425°F.

Wash the broccoli and chop it into bite size florets. Thinly slice the garlic. Place broccoli and garlic on a baking sheet, and toss with enough olive oil to coat (about 2 tablespoons), about 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper. Place the tray in the oven and roast for about 25 minutes, until tender.

While the broccoli roasts, start a pot of water boil. Boil the penne for according to the package instructions (about 11 minutes or so).

Meanwhile, chop about 16 sundried tomatoes, grate 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, and drain and rinse the chickpeas.

When the pasta is done, drain it. Then mix it with the broccoli, chickpeas, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese. Drizzle on 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil to coat the pasta, and add kosher salt to taste (around 1 teaspoon). Serve immediately with freshly ground pepper and more parmesan.

No comments: