Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fresh Fruit Bruschetta with Orange-Honey Cream

Ok - so I like fruit....and I like bread....but I never put them together!!!  AHHH sooooo goooood!!!!!!!!  I totally ate this for bfast this am too - little fruit salad gone AWESOME :)  So I guess you can tell I really liked this....you have to try it - the cinnamon on the bread...good idea!!  haha  Can't really say much else except for - look how pretty it is?! 

OBB Cookbook

Ingredients:
1 baguette or similar-sized French bread loaf
4 Tablespoons butter, melted
2 Tablespoons  granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1-1/2 cup diced strawberries (about 10 medium strawberries)
1 cup finely diced mango (about 1 medium mango)
1cup finely diced kiwi (about 3 kiwi)
1/2 cup Breakstone’s Sour Cream
3 Tablespoons honey ("P - I think you can handle this"...OR maybe not)1 teaspoon orange zest (little plug for my microplane - crate n barrel - zests my life every time!)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Slice bread into 1/2 inch slices.  Place in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet.  Use a pastry brush to brush each piece with melted butter.  Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle evenly over bread slices.  Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are toasted.  Set aside to cool.

While bread is toasting, combine Breakstone’s Sour Cream, honey, and orange zest.  Stir to combine and place in the fridge.

Combine strawberries, mango, and kiwi and stir gently to combine. When bread is cooled, place about 1 tablespoon of fruit mixture on top of each toasted bread slice and drizzle with sweet sour cream mixture.  If needed, thin sour cream sauce with 1/2-1 teaspoon orange juice.  Garnish with mint leaves if desired.  Serve immediately.

No comments: