Monday, November 22, 2010

Wedding Ideas

Ahhh weddings – planning one is my calling!!  I had so much fun planning our wedding, and putting a personal touch on our special day!!  Here are some easy  / cute ideas!

Card Box

What you need:
Hat box / cardboard box (Found mine at Michaels for like $3.00)
Favorite Ross & Lisa pictures
Mod podge

I cut a slit in the top of the box that would allow cards to slip in.  Then all you do is cut the pictures and fit them around the box to your liking.   Mod podge those bad boys in place – and “Ta Da” = the perfect card box for your wedding day!!


Table #s

Since Ross and I have known each other since we were 15 – I thought it would be fun to do our table #s for the years that we have been alive…..I put years on one side or the card stock – and matching pictures of both of us on the other.  It was a fun way for people to mingle amongst the other tables – and get some great laughs over our pictures J

Wedding Favors
Since Ross likes to fish – I decided to central some of our stuff around that.  So our wedding favor / name card holders were made out of fishing bobbers.  I put a slit into the top – and slid the name cards right in there.  Then if you have lots of leftover bobbers for those Non-fisher guests – I basically hooked them all together and have that as our garland on our Christmas Tree!!  It will be a part of our lives forever :)

Keeping with the theme – I did a welcome sign when you walked in that said “We’re Hooked” – and put fishing line with a hook to hold our pictures in place….get it??  J

Wedding Cake

Last but not least – I had a real live fish in our cake!!  Check this out J 

Don’t worry – I didn’t kill the little fishy…I made sure the bubble vase that the cake topper was resting had little air holes so the fishy could breathe!!  Another nice little treat that made its way back to our house!

Another fun idea we did for our cake table - was to put pictures of both of our parents cutting their wedding cake!!  It was cutie - and meant a lot to us!  Both our parents are great role models as to what marriage / love really stand for!


No comments: