Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bottle Cap Table

So my hubby turned 21 (and no, we weren’t married yet…he made me wait another 5 years before putting a ring on this finger!), but I wanted to give him something really special so I decided to make him this end table.

And when I say “make him an end table” – I actually mean I BUILT IT by hand!!  My aunt Jane had a wood shop – and was very talented when it came to building stuff, so I spent MANY hours with her in the basement crafting this bad boy!


The tricky part for us wasn’t using the circular saw to make the table legs – or add that extra little craft design around the base BUT trying to find a way that Ross could change his bottle caps as he collected new ones!!  We came up with a way that the top of the table could lift off, AND then (this is the awesome part) – you can plug or change out the bottle caps as you wish BECAUSE we used those foam pads (for the bottom of chairs – so they don’t ruin your wood floor) – and it not only holds the bottle caps in place, but also is the perfect size for the bottle cap to fit on!

How sweet is that?!  He LOVED this gift – and now that we are MARRIED, it is our basement coffee table…..too awesome!!

No comments: