Friday, November 15, 2013

Spray Painting Light Fixtures

I HATE GOLD

Of course, all of our bathrooms have gold light fixtures....um no thank you!  Instead of spending tons of $$ replacing all these bad boys - I SPRAY PAINTED!!!  Yes, that's right...You can spray paint light fixtures and they look amazing!!!!
BEFORE
AFTER

BEFORE
AFTER

Supplies:
Primer
Spray paint
Sander (is that what they are called?!)

Take your light fixture down - clean it - sand it - clean it again - sand it again...repeat this until you think it's good and sanded!  This helps hold the paint in :)

















Then spray the fixture with primer - this is what I used!  (you can get this on Amazon, Michaels, or Home Depot)

After that dries (we let it sit overnight) - then you spray paint the color.  Again, I got these on Amazon but I saw the same ones at Michaels and Home Depot.  Let them dry overnight - and BAM!  You have new light fixture for the total cost of $10 :)

1 comment:

Samantha said...

This is just what I was looking to do! Thank you!