Thursday, May 24, 2012

Homemade Popurri

We have to make some room for Baby Sodahl - so I figured it was time to clear out my dried flowers....a sad day for this girl :(  I couldn't just throw away those memories (yes, I can actually remember why I rec'd them all!) - so I decided to make homemade popurri from them!
Supplies:
Dried flowers
Mason jar
Lilac and Sandalwood oil (I got these from Amazon)




Pick waste like stems and leaves - and separate small, tight buds into 1 pile and single petals into another.





Then throw the single petals into a mason jar - and put a few drops of lilac oil throughout the jar.  Take the tight buds and place them into a mason jar - and put a few drops of the sandalwood oil throughout the jar.  Leave them in the jar for about 2 weeks - then mix the batches together and add a few more drops of whatever oil you want - and stir to mix!
When ready to use - uncap jar and spread mix into a bowl.  Now you have a way to use all those dried flowers :)

2 comments:

Annie said...

this is not edible....correct? i would add a disclaimer.

Elizabeth said...

I knew someone who used them as part of her wedding centerpieces. They were all flowers she got from her husband so it was a pretty cool way to use them! Too late for you now, but an idea for your readers!