Monday, February 13, 2012

Card Album

So I have this awesome daily "Organize Your Life" calendar - and one day was "simplify an old collection"....and I've collecting postcards from places I've been / others have visited (yes, most are from my dear old dad!) since I was a little girl, so I thought this would be a good idea to "simplify" them instead of getting rid of them!!

This was super easy - and is a good way to look through them all too!!  I think this would be a really good idea for wedding cards or just those nice letter/cards you have kept over the years!


Supplies:
2 pieces cardboard
2 pieces card stock
Hole puncher
Ribbon
Metal Ring
2 brads (scrap booking tool)
Letter stickers

All I did was go through all my postcards and split them between "World Travels" and "USA Travels".  Then I organized them in size - so I knew how big I would have to trim the cardboard.  Then I cut the cardboard to fit the largest postcard - then cut the card stock and glued that on top of the cardboard.



I hole punched the cardboard and all the postcards where I wanted it - put all of that on the metal ring.



Then I wrapped the ribbon around the book - used the two brads to secure the ribbon to the back of the book - and then cut the ribbon to fit the book / bow / knot.  (Whatever you decide to do)

I then used my cricut to create the letters on the front - but scrap booking stickers work too :)




AND then you're DONE!!  It's that simple - and now you have a cute way to present all your post cards / cards / invitations!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

very cute! my dad sends Leah postcards from his house in chan and this would be such a fun thing to do with them! although i might hit you up to help me so it actually looks cute :)