Sunday, January 15, 2012

Baby Shower Ideas

Mo's baby shower was this weekend, and I got creative!!  :)  She isn't finding out the sex of the baby - SOOO our theme was "What's It Gonna Bee"....get it ?!  haha


This was super fun to plan for - cause I just got my new cricut for xmas - so I put my ideas into action!  Figured since our friends are now in the "baby stage" - I would post my ideas and some games!  Check it out!



First things first - remember the Friends episode where they hosted Rachel's baby shower....well - we stole an idea and hung up a bunch of baby stuff on the door!!!  How cute is that?!  (and how small is that!!)

Whoo - before I forget....we got our super cute invitations at the site below.  They went perfectly with out theme!

To continue on....we needed decorations!!  I made up this banner using my cricut - super easy!  Then I just hole punched and tied them together with ribbon....and look how cute it was!!!





Using a similar idea - I made up some name tags!  Ahhh too much fun....I got to use "Grandma to Bee....Great Gma to Bee....Aunt to Bee....Great Aunt to Bee..." = awesome!!

I also created a game using the name tags too....I put a big safety pin to hold the tags in place - but then put 5 little baby safety pins on each.  Then each time anyone used the word "baby" - the person who caught them saying it got to steal a safety pin and put it on theirs.  At the end - whoever had the most won!



The best part about playing games and our theme - is I gave out these gifts to the winners.....ahhhh this theme is just so easy and fun!! 

I ordered all our plates and matching napkins at this site:http://www.ezpartyzone.com/cat-baby-bee-baby-shower.cfm.  Super inexpensive - and just happened to match our theme!!

Another game we played was "Price is Right".  This was also my gift to Mo for the shower.  I bought some fun / little baby stuff that I knew she would need - and then people "Came on Down...." to write down their guesses of cost for each item.  Again - whoever got the most right - WON!









Our last game was Robin's idea - and this was also super cute and fun.  She had bought a bunch of kid books and laid them out on the table.  She had copied a picture from each book and hung it up on the wall.....we each had to guess what picture went with what book (without looking inside the book of course).  Then Mo got to keep all the books - and the winner got a prize!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your shower planning was above and beyond, dear daughter - you have a calling - a second job, maybe ??? :)

Anonymous said...

Great job and very creative. I'm proud of you and the things you are able to accomplish!

Love,

Dad

Unknown said...

hey lisa! awesome party! I got a cricut for christmas, too!! LOVE IT!