Monday, March 21, 2011

Walleye and Artichoke

So I've been asked to put Walleye on the menu - so finally remembered and put it on there!!  Ross made that up - while I tried out a recipe I found in the Costco cookbook for artichokes.  Totally reminded me of my rents eating these - never really liked them when I was little, but this time around - they were really good :)  I had a better one than Ross, so I shared a little!!

Easy Baked Artichoke
Ingredients:
1 whole artichoke, rinsed and trimmed
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
salt
2 fresh garlic cloves
2 squares foil

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.  Spread artichoke petals open to season.  Between the petals, drizzle oil and vinegar - sprinkle salt and garlic on top.  Tightly double wrap and seal the seasoned artichoke with foil.  Place the foil-wrapped artichoke in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Remove from oven and let cool before unwrapping the artichoke.  Makes 1 serving.  You can easily bake more than one at a time - just increase ingredients as necessary.

Walleye

Ingredients:
Caught walleye (yeah mine is a crappie - but come on, I wanted to prove that I help sometimes!)
Shore lunch - Cajun style
eggs
Veggie oil

Fill skillet with veggie oil - cook on medium/high.  Dunk walleye in whisked eggs - cover in shore lunch - and put into skillet....cook until brown (turning once).

No comments: