Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Baby Food - Sweet Potato

So B is eating solids now, and I figured I would blog his food diary - as well as "how to" for making  his baby food.  Other people might not be so "anal", but it's me....so let's be honest! I did so much research / reading - that I figured I would blog it for my next baby!!  :)

I'm still updating the spreadsheet - since we just started giving him solids on his 1/2 Birthday!; BUT here is the link and I'll just make my updates from here: Brody Food Diary

I attempted to make his food with a blender, cause I couldn't justify buying a food processor for the couple of months I would be making food......BUT the blender left food too chunky / stringy - so I bought a food processor and I LOVE IT!!  Best thing ever....and I like to cook - so I know I'll use it; right Ross?? :)

Anyways, I made up sweet potatoes first.

1 medium sweet potato = 8 (2T) servings

Ingredients:
1 sweet potato
Water / breast milk

Preheat oven to 400.  Wrap sweet potato with foil - prick it a couple times with a fork - stick in oven for 45 minutes (or until soft).

Let cool for a little bit - and then spoon out potato into food processor.  Process and add a little water/breast milk until you reach desired consistency.  and DONE!!

I feed B 2 tablespoon servings, and then I put 2 days worth in the fridge - and freeze the rest in ice cube trays.  Just put the trays in a plastic baggie - and freeze overnight.  Then you just need to pop them out when you are ready to use them and microwave for your meal!

No comments: