Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Baby Food - Carrots

I'm a freak!  Daycare gave Brody carrots today for lunch, cause he was still hungry after his bottle - and when she told me this I panicked because I hadn't introduced carrots yet.....I know, I know, I know....not a big deal for him to have canned baby food - BUT I want to be the one to introduce the food - and I want it to be the healthier version of it the first couple times!!  SO we rushed out and got carrots so I could make them up tonight for B...he totally liked homemade better; I just know it :)

5 carrots = 18oz

Rinse the carrot in cold water and peel with a veggie peeler. Remove greens. Dice into small pieces.

Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat (until bubbles are soft) and cook carrot until tender (about 10 to 15 minutes). Drain carrot and rinse with cold water for three minutes to stop the cooking process

Puree cooked carrot in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add water as needed to reach desired consistency. Once your baby is ready for finger foods, typically around 10 months, you can serve her carrot that's been cooked and cut into tiny pieces.

Cool carrot puree and refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days. Freeze leftovers for up to three months. Thaw overnight in your refrigerator.

No comments: