Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Baby Registry

So if you haven't been able to tell from my blog - I'm in my "nesting" phase of pregnancy :)  It's all been super fun - and every time we get something done, it makes us that much more excited to meet our little one!!  The one part that was a little overwhelming - and I didn't really want to even start was "Registering"....(yeah I just said that I didn't want to start!)

It isn't like wedding registering where you know exactly what you want and what you need....Ross and I walked into Babies R Us, and pretty much walked right back out.  It's so overwhelming...there is so much crap those places tell you "that you have to have".  AND I don't even know what half the stuff is!!!

SO I got smart and organized.  I created a spreadsheet (yup - I run my life with spreadsheets) - and I emailed all the moms I know for their advice.  I compiled all their advice - from what I "need" to have...to what brands of "xxx" I should get....to quantities I really would need.  All their advice is on the tab "Registry Reviews" - and I have it separated out by "Baby Area" & by "Mommy"  :)  THEN - I made another tab "Registry Checklist" where I consolidated what I needed when I got to Babies R US / Target (and categorized that by "Baby Area" to make it more slick).

Then when Ross and I (and my mom and I) went back into Babies R Us / Target - it made it SUPER easy and FUN to register!!  Thought I would share my goods, so all moms-to-be can have fun with the process too!!  ENJOY!

The key to awesomeness:  Baby Registry

No comments: