Sunday, December 16, 2012

Filet of Beef with Mustard Sauce Dijon

I submitted a couple recipes of my own awhile back to the General Store - and I was "submitted"  for one of their cookbooks :)  I'm pretty pumped - as close as I'll ever get to being famous!  Being that I have my recipes in their cookbook, they gave each of the winners the cookbook for free - so I decided to make something from there this week!  (that and I have nothing left to do...Baby S needs to get impatient and come play!)

This meal was the easiest thing EVER - but tasted like it took forever!  It was so great!!  I could have licked the mustard sauce - but the tenderloin was so tasty too!!  Beef tenderloin is kinda pricey...but it's worth it!!

Makes 8 servings - General Store Holiday Cookbook

Beef Ingredients:
3 lb whole beef tenderloin, trimmed
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon pepper

Spread tenderloin with 1/4 cup mustard and sprinkle with pepper.  Fold the thin end of the tenderloin under to create uniform thickness.  Place the tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.  Bake in a 425 degree oven for 50-60 minutes, or until meat thermometer reads 140 (rare).

Remove from oven.  Tent with foil and let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.

Mustard Sauce Dijon Ingredients:
1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup beef broth
1/3 cup Dijon mustard
2  tablespoons brandy
1 tablespoon chili sauce

In a medium sauce pan, cook shallots in butter until tender.  Stir in flour.  Cook and stir until flour just begins to brown.  Add beef broth.  Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.  Cook and stir 1 minute more.  Add mustard, brandy, and chili sauce.  Serve with beef.

No comments: