Friday, October 7, 2011

Dirty 30 & Sassy 60 Birthday Party

Woot Woot!!  BIRTHDAY MONTH in the house :)  We hosted a 30th and 60th birthday party for Harv (my mother in law), N-Ron (my mom), Lukey (bff), Ross (hubby), and myself!  It was so much fun - and I had a blast making the centerpieces / b-day "theme" ideas!  Figured I would share because I know there are many more 30th / 60th birthdays to be had!!

I followed the "Dirty 30" and "Sassy 60" theme!  See below some of the centerpieces I made!!


 Dirty 30 centerpieces: I just took a pot - super glued some ribbon around it - and then put slits in fun straws to hold pictures of us from when we were little.  I filled them with little rocks, and a couple with coffee beans -- to look like dirt....get it "dirty 30"  :)

Sassy 60 centerpieces: I bought some jars at Michaels for like $1 - and then put some fun mardi gras beads in it to make it look very "sas-lishes"!  Then I just bought super cheap candle holders at Michaels - and super glued a sassy ribbon around it!

I wanted to give each Birthday Peep a fun little take-away, so I set up a table as our "guest book".   All the guests wrote a nice little message....."How they met us....Birthday Wish....Favorite Memory....or Where we will be in 30 years".   Put the pens and guest book write up in a pot with coffee beans - holds them perfectly!!


We move on to the Dessert table!!  Here was a fun "Dirty 30" idea:
I wanted to do a dessert that followed the theme - so what food is dirty.....OREOs and Gummy WORMs!!  hehe  Next question - what food is sassy.....well Candy Cigarettes, of course!!!  and another popular candy that made its debut in the 50's was Sugar Daddy's!  I thank you the Internet for finding both of those purchases!!  The Candy Cigs were a HUGE hit :)





















Then N-Ron helped out - check out this awesome 30th/60 Birthday cake!!  She outdid herself again....she even made pumpkin cupcakes!  Let's just say the dessert was a hit!!

Back to my creative craft post - I made shirts for all the bday peeps.....they were awesome! Customink.com has a great deal - so I worked with them to make the t-shirts!!  All you have to do is get some old pics - have them scanned so you can have the jpeg - and then bam....fun t-shirts for all!!

I also made up some driver licenses for us OLD folks.....hehe.....all you need is poster board - cut out a hole for the head...I cut the letters out at Archivers using the die cuts....and wrote up funny licenses for each of us!  ahhhh too much fun!!

Best party ever!!  Dirty 30 is going to be a blast!!  :)  Thanks for everyone who came to the party - we had fun celebrating with you all!!  YAY for BIRTHDAY MONTHS!!!

No comments: