Saturday, July 31, 2021

Hobo pack Burgers and Taters

This was our FAVORITE hobo pack yet!!!  So delicious and the boys even gobbled it right up!!


Ingredients:

·       corn or carrots

·       potatoes (any kind will do – I grabbed up what I had in my pantry)

·       ground beef

·       french onion soup mix

·       onion

·       butter

·       salt and pepper


 Every person will get their own packet so start by cutting the foil. Make sure each piece of foil is big enough to hold the food and then wrap it up for cooking.


Cut up you onions, potatoes and carrots. I used about one potato and three baby carrots (one large carrot) per packet. I divided the onion up among the packets which ended up to be a tablespoon or two each. (There is no such thing as measuring when you are camping – you just have to eyeball it!)


Then I grabbed a patty size piece of burger and crumbled it up over the top.


I took the french onion soup mix and used it as my seasoning. I used about 1/3 of the envelope for each foil packet. Be sure to shake up the mix so you get some of the flavor from the seasoning on each one. Then use your hand to mix it all up.


Put a few pats of butter on the top of the mixture and fold ‘er up.


Cook them until the beef is browned and the potatoes are fork tender. If you overcook them the potatoes will burn onto the foil. You have to be especially careful if you are cooking over the campfire!

No comments: