Thursday, March 28, 2013

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Lactation Cookies

So I'm trying to boost my milk supply, because I don't want "going back to work" to be the reason that Brody can't get enough breastmilk...SO I made up some cookies!!  The cookies actually taste REALLY good...I'll have to keep you posted if it increases my milk supply!!  haha  Ross had some too - he was wondering if it increased his milk supply :)
Ingredients:

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips
2-4 tablespoons brewer's yeast
 
Preheat oven to 350°.
Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes
Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.  Add eggs and mix well.  Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
Add dry ingredients to butter mix.  Stir in oats and chips.
Scoop onto baking sheet.  Bake for 12 minutes.  Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.

No comments: